New South Quarter - Croydon's New Urban Village

Computer Generated Images of New South Quarter

This new urban village has excellent transport links to the capital, imaginative architecture, open spaces and much more. A selection of one, two and three bedroom apartments are available and Key workers and first time buyers can buy through the Homebuy Direct scheme.

New South Quarter is a superb new urban village by Barratt Kent, which is situated just one mile from the centre of Croydon. When complete, the scheme will comprise nearly 800 one, two and three bedroom apartments in addition to commercial space, which will include a nursery school, medical centre, cafe and convenience store as well as units for workshops and small start-up businesses.

Nick Fenton, Managing Director of Barratt Kent, comments: "Croydon is undergoing a major regeneration programme in which New South Quarter plays a major role. The development will make a significant and tremendously positive impact to the area, as it will provide much needed housing and business space.

"The development brings together striking contemporary architecture, imaginative landscaping and high quality interiors to create not just a landmark development, but a wonderful place to live and work. The on-site facilities, combined with easy links into the centre of Croydon and London, will give residents a great quality of life."

The first homes are due for completion at the end of 2009. Buildings will be set within courtyards and leafy landscaped gardens. In the heart of the development will be a 'Circus'; an area of open green space ideal for relaxing, having picnics or playing sports, which is inspired by classical Italian architecture. The River Wandle crosses the site underground and
Barratt's long-term plan is to uncover it, which will provide many homes with river views.

New South Quarter is ideally located for transport links to central London. The development is situated opposite Wandle Park Tramline, which connects directly with East Croydon train station in eight minutes.

Victoria and London Bridge can be reached in less than 15 minutes. A selection of one, two and three bedroom apartments are currently available for sale at New South Quarter. Apartment sizes are generous and homes are designed to use space effectively. Each has its own outside space; full-length glass doors extend from the open-plan living areas to generous balconies or terraces which flood the homes with natural light and bring the 'outside in'.

All the bedrooms are doubles and in the two bedroom apartments, in addition to the main bathroom, master bedrooms have their own ensuite shower rooms. At this early stage, the apartments can be customised at no extra cost, with a wide choice of colours and finishes for the kitchen and of tiles for the bathroom.

Barratt is helping first time buyers and key workers buy at New South Quarter through the HomeBuy Direct scheme: homebuyers will receive an equity loan of up to 30%, funded jointly by Barratt Kent and the Government. The buyer finances the remaining 70% of the purchase price, either through a mortgage, a deposit or a combination of the two. For those interested to learn more about the scheme, a HomeBuy Direct Day is taking place in the Marketing Suite on 18th April.

Prices start from £169,950 for a one-bedroom apartment, £191,995 for a two-bedroom apartment and £249,995 for a three-bedroom apartment.

• For more information, please call the Marketing Suite at Purley Way, Croydon
CRO 4NR, open Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm and Saturday and Sunday 10 am
to 5 pm on 0208 688 0688 or visit

Return to Property menu